The fifth part of The Seventh Major Understanding-A Message of Awakening is about our freedom. Joshua shares his insight into our freedom to create a personal, local, and global reality while balancing that freedom with some responsibilities and a dash of destiny.
Free will and destiny coexist harmoniously and the imagined disagreement in this statement is only a puzzle for the mind. Our Source, the One being that is All That Is, created the framework of free will and destiny good-naturedly. Meaning that as creators of our own reality, we have ample freedom, yet some guidelines are here for our benefit.
Joshua reminds me that I have complete freedom in the moment (now) to choose my thoughts and feelings. Then, my thoughts and feelings emit vibrations (light, color, and sound) that attract people and events. My thoughts create my intentions, and my intentions create my reality. I view my thoughts and feelings as seeds I’m planting in the fertile field of the One consciousness.
I reap the harvest of my planting – no one else may plant for me. One of my nonphysical teachers said this very clearly, Jubal said, “You can’t plant corn and grow beans.” The seeds I plant create my destiny – my harvest, yet I alone decide what to plant. This is a simple example of how freedom and destiny act together. The amazing beauty of this is that I alone have the power and the freedom to select the seeds I plant. I select my thoughts and feelings at every moment.
Freedom comes with responsibility. Every family, community, and nation develop a norm for acceptable behavior within the group. Members of the family or citizens of the community know that violating the norm is met with consequence, yet each person has the freedom to decide if he or she will conform to meet group expectations, regulations and laws. Some acts of rebellion intentionally draw attention to norms and laws that need reform and updating.
As we plant the seeds of our global awakening, we hold certain intentions within our awareness. These intentions are growing in the mass consciousness. Here are some notions that are growing in our personal and mass awareness:
- We exercise our freedom of choice while we observe our thoughts, feelings, and actions. We become more conscious as the observer in addition to being observable.
- We observe our judgment of others. Ask yourself why you judge certain behaviors or other people to be good or bad, right or wrong. Then, decide if this judgment obstructs your freedom or the freedom of others.
- We recognize that our thoughts and feelings are equal to action and determine what we attract into our reality. We remember that judgment often fans the flames of separation.
- We accept responsibility for the people and events we attract to us. No one is in our life by accident. All events occur with purpose. We examine the nature of our thoughts, feelings, and expectations that create exactly what we experience and the people we attract now.
- We remember to release attachments that hinder our freedom.
- We strive to dwell on the ideas we want manifesting in our personal reality, in our community, and on the global stage. All of these realities are inseparable, and each individual’s thoughts, feelings, and expectations make a difference here and now.
- As we hold lofty personal intentions, we are gentle with ourselves when we slip. We practice forgiving ourselves and living in the flow of unconditional love. Forgive yourself. Love yourself. As a result, you will more easily forgive and love others. Forgiveness is a path into acceptance, and acceptance is unconditional love.
Please know that these ideas are simply examples. I hope that you will share your intentions with us here. What intentions do you plant in the mass consciousness? I would love to hear from you.